You, and your family, truly make a difference with your generosity. Studies have shown that about ½ of all donations are made by households with incomes under $100,000. Clearly every single donation contributes to making a difference. Here are five (5) tips to consider when deciding on support of your church:
- Think about your Church, and intentionally plan to support all areas of ministry including locally, regionally, nationally or even internationally.
- Look into the needs of your community that your church helps to address.
- Add church donations to your annual family budget, so your support can grow without straining your other needs; you can even set up a donation plan so your gift happens automatically on a monthly or quarterly basis
- Give your children the habit of philanthropy by putting aside part of their allowance for tithing. Help them understand the meaning of good stewardship.
- Attend one of the Mid-Atlantic United Methodist Foundations many seminars on the essentials of Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning, and Planned Giving. You can make a difference far into the future of the Methodist Church; in fact, you’ll find there are planned gifts that pay YOU on a regular basis (look into “charitable gift annuities” to learn more)