The Mid-Atlantic United Methodist Foundation (MAUMF) is aware of the potential change coming to the United Methodist denomination in seeking a path forward. We want to assure churches that invest with the MAUMF; your funds are secure with us:
- Each church has signed an individual account agreement with the MAUMF
- The assets that are on deposit with the MAUMF are the church’s assets to hold
- We take instructions only from the church’s designated representatives
- Asset allocation and investment decisions are made by your church
Our Understanding of Future Needs
- We believe there is a growing need for our Stewardship Education programs in support of ministry funding
- Donors increasingly seek greater transparency and understanding of how contributions are used and invested
- Clearly defined investment policies and procedures are a requirement
- All churches will benefit through the safety of pooling investment funds in the Foundation’s model portfolios
- There is a need for increased fiduciary oversight of church investment holdings
Our Action Steps
Over the past two years the Foundation Board of Directors and Staff have been discussing and exploring ways we may continue to provide investments, resources, ideas, and support for all our client churches, congregations, and donors as we live into what comes next.
As part of our preparation, we have recently extended our Strategic Plan with specific goals and objectives for 2018 through 2020. Additionally we have formed a Vision Team that is working in partnership with the Foundation’s consultants, legal counsel, service providers, knowledgeable experts, and other denominations to develop fresh ideas and a clear vision for our long-term future. Recently we hosted other United Methodist Foundations for a leadership conference titled “Designing Your Change” where we encouraged collaboration among the Foundations.
Today, Tomorrow, Our Ministry
Our plans remain quite flexible and will continue to be refined as the process moves forward toward the 2019 General Conference’s decisions. Today we are your trusted partner; tomorrow we will meet the needs of change. The Foundation remains dedicated to serving your financial needs for today and tomorrow.
Click here for a PDF version of this announcement that you can share with your congregation.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact us:
Jack Brooks, Executive Director